Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pay Attention

Hello everyone. Thought I would share what i am struggling with right now. Several years ago when I started getting back in Church I thought I would like to be involved in Student ministries. God directed me to concentrate on my family first and Stregthen my Faith in him. As of lately, I am feeling that call again. God has placed me in several situations so I could test the waters of Student ministry. Yet, I have not been listening or paying attention. I thought I was good just skating along doing the minimum. Shows how much I know.
It is amazing in all the ways God has been speaking to me. Every where I turn there is some sign. Just last night while reading the Bible with Dalton we were reading of Moses and the Burning Bush. Moses saw this and when he approached this bush he couldn't beleive it wouldn't burn up. What a miracle he saw. He also encountered God there. God told him to remove his shoes, he was on Holy ground. After reflecting on this I realized that I need to pay attention to what God is trying to tell me. Just like Moses, I am ashamed that I ignored him, not knowing where I am at and that this is his ministry, not mine. I was where he wanted me, when he wanted me there and I have ignored him this whole time. I know have not been spending the time needed to listen to him. Lord, I pray that you reveal yourself to me in new ways, help to to be aware when you are speaking to me and Lord, give me the courage and strength to carry out your will.

I do not know where God wants me, whether it be Student Ministry or digging ditches, but I do know know that I must always be ready for him to call on me so I must pay attention. Lord, I give you my all, use me in what ever ways can glorify your name. Amen

No comments: